Tips for Choosing a Commercial Cleaning Company
Maintaining your office space should be a priority for a few different reasons. While the upkeep of your office may be a no-brainer, choosing the right commercial cleaning company can be a daunting task. With so many companies to choose from in Boise, it can be difficult to narrow them down.
What to Look for in a Commercial Cleaning Company
1. Services Offered
The first thing you’ll want to know before hiring a commercial cleaning company is if they provide the services you need. Some companies specialize in janitorial services while others focus on window cleaning. You might also be in the market for a commercial cleaning company that can provide multiple services. This will streamline your process and eliminate any companies you don’t need to contact. Some services you may be in need of are:
- Window Cleaning Hard Floor Surface Maintenance
- Carpet Cleaning
- High-Pressure Cleaning
- Janitorial Services
2. Past Reviews and Experience
Commercial cleaning companies enter your property after hours for the most part. Handing over this responsibility requires confirming that they are a reputable company. Inquire about current clients and experience to gain a sense of well established the cleaning company is. Having an idea of who they work for and how long will help you decide if you can trust them.
3. Quality of Employees
Protecting your property starts with trusting a company to provide service after hours, but ensuring they do a quality job requires asking about their workforce. A professional commercial cleaning company should be able to walk you through the steps of their hiring process. The process should include screening with background checks followed by employee training for a uniformed end product. You can also ask if a staff member will visit your facility regularly or if turn-over requires irregular scheduling.
A professional cleaning company will be dependable and reliable. You should never have to guess when your cleaners will arrive at your office. A professional, experienced cleaning company will work closely with their clients to create a cleaning schedule that works well for everyone.
Since cleaning can create disruptions in the office, professional cleaners will do their best to avoid any unnecessary disruptions. Keep in mind that dependable cleaners also provide dependable work! You can rest assured that every clean will be as good as the last. You may want to ask your potential cleaners for references to see if other clients have found the company to be dependable.
When you work with a professional cleaning service, you should feel good about what you are paying. That’s not to say that cheapest is necessary better! Remember that if something looks way too good to be true, it usually is!
Still, a professional cleaning company will understand budget restrictions and will work with you to find a plan and schedule that works well for all of your needs – and your budget! Talk to your potential new cleaners to see what prices they offer, how many different plans they have, and what options fall within your budget.
Here are some of the factors that must be considered when hiring commercial cleaning services.
Some of these include the following:
- Check online reviews of the various cleaning services offered in your area in order to get a sense of the professionalism of the company.
- One of the things that make hiring a commercial cleaning service provider a worthy idea is the fact they have professional equipment. Check the condition and age of their equipment. A company that has relatively new and clean equipment is the best option for your business.
- Never hire an uninsured cleaning company. Any legitimate and professional cleaning company will have insurance and those are the ones you should hire to clean your office premise.
Examine their Standards and Certifications
It is imperative to ensure that the cleaning company you are considering holds the highest certifications and maintains/adheres to stringent standards of cleaning excellence such as the Sunshine Quality Assurance Program. Also, make sure that the company is fully insured and bonded.
Consider how easy it is to communicate with them. To ease things for clients, some cleaning companies use web-based software such as CleanTelligent to record cleaning details such as time and date of inspection, work orders, and inspection results, allowing customers to keep track of their progress when it suits them. Real-time feedback makes it possible for the cleaning company to take action as soon as a problem arises.
It’s worth the time and effort to understand what you get
- CLEANING FOR HEALTH: The quality of cleaning directly affects the health and wellness of your employees and visitors.
- COST vs. VALUE: The janitorial contract is one of the more expensive line items in your financials. Make sure you are getting value for your money.
- SECURITY: Your cleaning staff is in your space every day, with access to every office, conference room and potentially sensitive areas.